With an imposing architecture, signed by Ramos de Azevedo, the sumptuous Municipal Market of São Paulo was opened in 1933 and quickly became the largest food warehouse in the region, with more than 1,500 employees and moving around 350 tons daily.
In this scenario, Hocca was inaugurated in 1952 by a couple of Portuguese immigrants who started to offer quality food, with delicious seasonings, unusual mixes, family recipes, traditional and all these wonders at a great price. This mixture has gained fans and lovers over the years, becoming a reference in the traditional cuisine of Sao Paulo.
In the 70’s and 80’s the Municipal Market had two major reforms, expanding the facilities, with the creation of a large Mezzanine, which turns into gastronomic space, attracting thousands of people daily. Hocca has become a mandatory destination for tourists from all over Brazil and several other countries, an icon that offers its customers the opportunity to taste delicious dishes and for and for transforming the simplest into gourmet, a local trademark.
Today Hocca, besides its stores in the Municipal Market, is in the main malls at São Paulo City, neighboring cities, interior of the State and now also with its first store abroad, here in Orlando at the Florida Mall Mall.
Horácio Gabriel, recognized with the honor of Ambassador of Peace, Culture and Justice, was born and raised in São Paulo, signs the Hocca menu, has a university degree, several publications and an edited cookbook, studied with professionals and teams with great prominence and had the privilege of training with the founders of Hocca with the founders of Hocca whose teachings guide him to this day.